International Exchange Program
We believe one of the most important factors to live in this current global society is to accept the differences in values and perspective, and to find the way to coexist with others.
In order for children to know this, it is important to interact with and understand foreigners living in a different value system.
Therefore, at REALE WORLD, we provide events and workshops for the children to interact with foreign cultures as an opportunity to expand their perspective.
International Exchange Events and Lectures
We invite children and adults from overseas, such as athletes, artist and others who has a unique character and values, to provide an opportunity to interact with children in Japan.
We intend to make this opportunity to be as powerful as a paradigm shift moment for the children. Some examples are; hearing a story directly form a Tibetan refugee, or cooking a traditional Nepali food with a Nepali grandma.
- 2009 Invited a Nepali person to Ito City, Shizuoka Prefecture for an international exchange event.
- 2011 Invited a Rumanian person for two weeks to Ito City, Shizuoka Prefecture for an attempt to provide a global education for the children in FC REALE.
- 2012 Invited a Tibetan refugee for two weeks to Ito City, Shizuoka Prefecture to let the children of FC REALE to be aware and understand the situation on Tibetan refugees.
- 2014 Invited 2 children and 1 coach from the Kibera slum city in Kenya, and 3 children and 1 coach from the FC REALE Nepal, to have international exchange events with the FC REALE, soccer team in East Shizuoka Prefecture and soccer team in Chiba Prefecture.
- Jan 2016 Conducted an international exchange class for the Atami High School in Shizuoka Prefecture.
- Feb 2016 Conducted an international sports exchange class for the Nishi Middle School in Ito City, Shizuoka Prefecture.
- Dec 2016 Conducted an international exchange class for the Futo Middle School in Ito City, Shizuoka Prefecture.
- Dec 2016 Conducted an international exchange class for the Atami High School in Shizuoka Prefecture.
- Aug 2018 Invited an Indian boy from Dubai to have an international exchange event.
- Aug 2019 Conducted an international exchange event for the children of FC REALE with Kiran, the Nepali national goal keeper.
Global Study Tour
The aim of global study tour is to plan and conduct an opportunity that reach beyond some regular cross-cultural experience. Through intimate interactions with the local people, we aim to allow the participants to explore their thoughts and perspectives on what it is to live, what it is to be a human, and what it means to be their unique selves.
Sept 2019 Coordination and supporting the grassroots activity “Heartful Soccer in Asia” by the Urawa Reds Heartful Club to conduct an event in Nepal.